One of the first ways a consultant will use English on the job is in expert interviews. This course will prepare you for interviewing an expert. You will learn the following:
- how to ask direct and indirect questions;
- how to give polite commands and directions;
- how to ask follow up questions;
- active listening skills;
- confirming information;
- clarification; and
- how to finish the interview.
If you are preparing for an expert interview, you should take this course. It is also recommended that you do a lesson or two to practice before an interview:
- clarify the language of the specific questions you will ask; and
- practice overall discussion of the topic, as well an the kind of answers you might expect.
All lessons for this course are online. There is no textbook to purchase.