If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through the Website by clicking here.
1. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
When you sign up for an Account or any Service requiring registration, we ask you for personal information (namely any information that can or be used to identify you, such as your name, email address and an account password). We may also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers.
Information you submit under your Account may be combined with information that we may obtain from third parties. Any such information we obtain will be used for purposes in connection with the provision of our Services to you.
We also collect certain information by automated means using technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixels, browser analysis tools, server logs, and mobile identifiers. In some cases the information we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable manner and without reference to your personal information. For example, we may use information we collect to better understand our Website traffic patterns and to optimize our Website experience. In some cases we associate the information we collect using cookies and other technology with your personal information to improve your user experience when you visit our Website. Our business partners may also use these tracking technologies on the Website or engage others to track your preferences and user-behaviour on our behalf.
When you send email or other forms of communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services.
We may present links through our Website. Such links may be in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed.
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you register for a particular Service, we ask you to provide personal information. Such information will be used for registration purposes.
We may also use your personal information for purposes associated with the provision of Services to you, including but not limited to:
- administering your Account;
- communicating with you;
- auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our Services;
- ensuring the technical functionality of the Website;
- developing new services;
- promoting our new services to you;
- personalising, assessing and improving our advertising and marketing of our Services; and
- contributing to statistical and analytical data relating to user-behaviour on our Website.
In some cases, we may process and use personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as advertising partners.
You can decline to submit personal information in connection with the provision of our Services, however if you do so we may not be able to provide the relevant Services to you.
3. INFORMATION SHARING
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- where we have your prior consent;
- to your employer, but only where your access to our Services is through your employer’s Account with us;
- when providing such information to subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses assisting us to provide the Services or persons processing information on our behalf;
- providing your information to our investors, potential acquirers and/or financiers;
- where it is reasonably necessary to: (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental or regulatory request; (ii) enforce any relevant terms of the User Agreement (e.g., to investigate potential breaches of the User Agreement); (iii) address any fraud, security or technical issues; or (iv) protect our sales, other Customers or any other members of the public against any imminent harm to rights, property, health or safety, in any such case as required or permitted by law.
In some cases, the information that we share with third parties is anonymous aggregated information and will not identify you (such as the number of users of a particular Service or the number of clicks through to a given advertisement).
We currently use the following types of cookies:
- user session cookie to keep you logged in;
- Google Analytics to track page views;
- a cookie to determine IP address/location and the appropriate currency to display.
If you choose to opt-out of having cookies, disable or modify your browser’s cookie settings, the Website or aspects of the Services may not function properly.
We may also allow certain business partners to place these technologies on our Website. These partners use these technologies to:
- help us analyse how you use the Website and our Services;
- market and advertise our Services to you on the Website and third party websites;
- help us detect or prevent fraud or conduct risk assessments, or
- collect information about your activities on our Websites, other sites, and/or the advertisements you have clicked on our behalf.
We process and store personal information on our servers in Japan and in other countries. In some cases, we process and store personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process and store personal information to provide our Services to you.
6. SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
We take reasonably appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to, or alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on Customers to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
7. ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use all reasonable endeavours to provide you with access to your personal information and respond to your request for correction if it is inaccurate or incomplete. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required.
8. RETENTION AND ERASURE
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for us to provide the Services to you and to comply with our legal obligations. In certain jurisdictions, such as the European Union, you can request to have all your personal information deleted entirely. If you request the erasure of your personal information:
- We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety.
- We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- Some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
- Residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
6. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- Account means each Customer’s account entitling it to use and access the Website and otherwise have access to and be provided with our Services;
- Customer, you, yours and other cognate words mean each person who uses and access the Website and includes each person who purchases or subscribes for Services from time to time and/or holds an Account with us;
- The English Farm, we, us and other cognate words mean The English Farm, operated by Inkstone Ltd., a company registered under the laws of New Zealand with registered number 2052075;
- Services means the services provided by The English Farm to the Customer from time to time;
- User Agreement means any agreement between The English Farm and a Customer, and includes Website terms and conditions, and services agreement;
- and Website means www.theenglishfarm.com and includes any other website owned, used or controlled by us and made available to you from time to time.