If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, please feel free to contact us any time through the Website by clicking here.
1. COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION
When you sign up for an Account or any Service requiring registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address and an account password). We may also request credit card or other payment account information which we maintain in encrypted form on secure servers.
Information you submit under your Account may be combined with information available from third parties. Any such information we obtain will be used in order to improve the quality of our Services.
When you visit the Website, we send one or more cookies (small files containing a string of characters) to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Cookies enable us to monitor and store Customer preferences and track Customer trends. We use this information to improve our Services.
If you choose to disable or modify your browser’s cookie settings, the Website may not function properly.
When you use our Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
When you send email or other forms of communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services.
We may present links through our Website. Such links may be in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
We only process personal information for purposes associated with the provision of Services to Customers, such as:
- auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our Services;
- ensuring the technical functionality of the Website;
- and developing new services.
We process personal information on our servers in Japan and in other countries. In some cases, we process personal information on a server outside your own country. We may process personal information to provide our own Services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as advertising partners.
When you register for a particular Service, we ask you to provide personal information. Such information will not be collected or used for any other purpose without your prior consent.
You can decline to submit personal information in connection with the provision of our Services, however if you do so we may not be able to provide the relevant Services to you.
3. INFORMATION SHARING
We will only share personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- (a) where we have your prior consent;
- (b) when providing such information to subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons processing information on our behalf;
- (c) where access, use, preservation or disclosure of such personal information by us is reasonably necessary to: (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental or regulatory request; (ii) enforce any relevant terms of the User Agreement (e.g., to investigate potential breaches of the User Agreement); (iii) address any fraud, security or technical issues; or (iv) protect our sales, other Customers or any other members of the public against any imminent harm to rights, property or safety, in any such case as required or permitted by law.
We may share with third parties certain information (such as the number of users of a particular Service or the number of clicks through to a given advertisement). This information will not identify you or any other individual personally.
4. SECURITY AND INTEGRITY
We take reasonably appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to, or alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our Services.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on Customers to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
5. ACCESSING AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use all reasonable endeavours to provide you with access to your personal information in order to correct it if it is inaccurate or to delete such data if it is not otherwise required to be retained by us by law or for our legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required.
6. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- Account means each Customer’s account entitling it to use and access the Website and otherwise have access to and be provided with our Services;
- Customer, you, yours and other cognate words mean each person who uses and access the Website and includes each person who purchases or subscribes for Services from time to time and/or holds an Account with us;
- The English Farm, we, us and other cognate words mean The English Farm, operated by Inkstone Ltd., a company registered under the laws of New Zealand with registered number 2052075;
- Services means the services provided by The English Farm, as described in clause 2 of the User Agreement;
- User Agreement means the agreement between The English Farm and each Customer, a copy of which is set out here and as may be varied by us from time to time;
- and Website means www.theenglishfarm.com and includes any other website owned, used or controlled by us and made available to you from time to time.