If you are an advanced speaker of English, this is the last grammar course you will need to take. It covers all aspects of very high level grammar, much of which is difficult and confusing for native speakers.
If you find that you are still making grammar errors and that there are some more subtle aspects of English grammar that you do not understand, this course is for you. The topics are challenging, but you will find them rewarding. Many mysteries of English grammar will be solved during this course! If you master the content of this course, you will not need to take a course in grammar again.
There are 100 units. Each unit has a page of review and then exercises. Your teacher will guide you through the book and help you understand each point. In class, you will also create many examples using the target language about your own life.
- a detailed comparative review of all English verb forms and tenses;
- analysis of future tenses;
- modals and semi-modals;
- linking verbs, passives and questions;
- verb complementation and what follows verbs;
- articles, determiners and quantifiers;
- relative clauses and other types of clause;
- pronouns, substitution and leaving out words;
- adjectives and adverbs;
- adverbial clauses and conjunctions;
- prepositions; and
- organizing information in English sentences.