Personal: Looking back on 2020

The English Farm | Golden Week Sale - Get 10% OFF

This year has certainly been a rollercoaster. There were highs and lows, not to mention a lot of uncertainty—sometimes all you could do is throw your hands up and hope for the best. 

Looking back on 2020, there are a few things that changed. 

First, since restaurants were closed during lockdown, my approach to home cooking changed. Before COVID, I took an ad-hoc approach to meals. But with limited trips to the grocery store and fewer options for take-out dinner, I started planning and following recipes more carefully. The result was better meals with fewer headaches. That was one takeaway: prepare well and rely on experts to write the recipe. 

Secondly, I've started taking hygiene even more seriously. I wash my hands for longer (20 seconds at least) and I avoid touching things out in public—that includes buttons at pedestrian signals and packages at the supermarket. That's another takeaway: do simple things to avoid getting sick. 

Finally, I've gotten a little uncomfortable with crowds. Movie theaters, concerts and even big parties seem a little more anxiety-inducing than they did a year ago. I hope this fades though. I love quality films and live shows, and I hope to see as many as possible in 2021.

Discussion: 
Looking back on 2020, what changed for you, personally? Do Homework
Looking forward to 2021, what do you hope changes? Do Homework
Looking forward to 2021, what do you hope stays the same? Do Homework