- The English Farm was founded by English teacher Matthew Radich in 2012.
- A limited beta was released in 2014.
- Commercial operations started in June 2016.
- Enrolment grew 200% in the 12 months to January, 2021.
- The English Farm has taught a total of 243,329 lessons.
- We employ more than 120 people.
- We serve companies of up to 30,000+ employees.
- Our students work in diverse fields such as consulting, finance, engineering, pharmaceuticals, IT, design and tech.
- Our teaching material is a combination of specialised in-house curriculum and textbooks from the world's leading publishers.
The English Farm is different
Other online schools are tech or business people doing English education. We are English teachers who can do tech. The result is higher lesson quality than most traditional schools with the advantages of a global online service.
Teachers are the heart of learning and the soul of The English Farm. We have created an environment where caring, skilled teachers can perform their best, with integrity, professionalism and pride. We offer paid monthly training, ongoing feedback and a supportive network of colleagues for continual improvement.
Our students are happy. More than 85% join The English Farm after taking a trial lesson and most decide to come back over multiple terms.
We do good. We have been certified carbon positive since April 1st, 2018. We give back to communities through monthly donations. We also offer scholarships to promising university students.
Our goal is simple: be awesome to students, each other, and to the planet.