This is a grammar course covering all aspects of grammar that beginners should know. It is not for learners new to English.
If you are moving up to the intermediate level, you should take this course as a grammar review. You can ensure you have a solid foundation of grammar to prepare you to move to the next level. Some of the topics covered will be easy, but other's a challenge. All of them are areas that most intermediate students of English make mistakes with. If you have high goals in English (for example, you want to speak naturally and correctly, like a native speaker, and at a very high professional level), then these are the basics you need to master.
There are 115 units. Each unit has a page of review and then exercises. Your teacher will guide you through the book and help you understand each point. In class, you will also create many examples using the target language about your own life.
- all the verb tenses and verb forms of English;
- modals and auxiliary verbs;
- "there" and "it" as subjects;
- question forms;
- reported speech;
- gerunds and infinitives;
- idioms with "get", "go", "do", "make" and "have";
- pronouns and possessives;
- articles ("a" and "the");
- determiners and pronouns;
- adjectives and adverbs;
- basics of word order and sentence construction;
- conjunctions and clauses;
- prepositions; and
- phrasal verbs.