This lesson will focus on giving strong opinions using a variety of phrases. The topic we will discuss is diversity.
In Transitions lesson 7, you worked on adding emphasis, so try to use that language with the new phrases in this lesson to give strong opinions.
Do you think there is a good balance between men and women in your company? Why or why not?
Work with your teacher and define each phrase, then give an example of it, and use it to give a very quick answer to a cultural question.
- Clearly... — Everyone can see this.
- There is no question in my mind that... — I'm convinced that what I'm about to say is true.
- It goes without saying that... — This is obvious, and everyone knows it.
- There can be no doubt whatsoever that ... — This is 100% true.
- It is undeniable that... — It is certain.
- Nothing could be further from the truth — What I said previously is totally wrong, and now I'm going to tell you how it really is.
Now that you've had some practice using these phrases, try answering some more questions. Use as many of the above phrases as you can.